Dental care of kids should start at an early age to avoid dental problems. Kids may not be excited or aware of the importance of dental health but being a parent you know how important it is. With effort from your side, the children can adopt good teeth care habits and can have healthy mouth.
Here are some useful dental tips that would ensure good dental health of your kids:
- Before buying a toothbrush for your little one, see if it has soft bristles. Choose a colorful tooth brush or the one that shows his favorite cartoon. There are special designs for your baby and toddlers as well. It helps to develop interest of the child in brushing his teeth.
tooth paste with flavors tastes good and makes brushing a fun filled process.
It is safe for kids even if it is swallowed. Buy a tooth paste that contains
- Brush their teeth carefully at least twice a day. Only a small drop of paste is sufficient for small kids. Show them how to rinse their mouth after ever meal in order to avoid food deposits.
- Brushing teeth before going to sleep is must. Make it a compulsory exercise but funny one. Prevent kids from eating after brushing teeth.
- Supervise when older kids brush their teeth. Guide them that both front and back sides of teeth need to be cleaned. Oral hygiene also includes cleaning the tongue.
- Teach them about flossing when they grow up.
- Encourage them to eat healthy foods such as fresh fruits, veggies, milk and dairy products to provide enough nutrients to the teeth. Foods rich in vitamins, calcium and other minerals make teeth strong and healthy.
- Restrict their intake of sugary foods such as cold drinks, candies, chocolates, biscuits, cakes and junk foods as they cause tooth decay.
- Visit a dentist every six months for general observation. Dentist cleans the teeth thoroughly and also provides tips to kids on dental care.
- Change the toothbrush of kids frequently.
- Stop your kid from thumb sucking as it causes dental problems and may shoot up your dental bill if not taken care of in time.
- In case of toothache encourage your kid to chew a clove for some time and it would shrink the pain. Also, you can massage a drop of clove oil or sesame oil to avoid teeth problems.
- Oral diseases in kids can be avoided easily with these tips.
- Appreciate your kids when they brush their teeth on time properly.
- Parents are the role models for their kids. If you really want healthy teeth of your kids then follow a good dental regime.
These are some of the most important dental tips that not only help kids but also parents to maintain good oral hygiene.