Basil leaves or tulsi has medicinal properties that can cure many health problems. During rainy season, children and adults alike have to suffer from one or the other health problem like cold, cough, fever, digestive problems, respiratory disorders, skin infections, insect bites, malaria, dengue and infections of different kinds. With the help of basil leaves, you can prevent many of the above issues or find relief from many problems. Some of the serious diseases related to kidney, heart, liver and stomach can also be tackled with home recipes made of basil leaves.
Here are a few simple to implement tips on how to use basil leaves in daily life and attain good health.
Cold, cough and fever
- Chew some leaves of basil to cure cold.
- Boil the leaves in water and let the patient gargle using this water. He/ she may also drink this water to cure cough problem. In case of cough with phlegm, let the patient breathe the vapors coming from basil juice. Additionally, a mixture of basil juice and honey in equal quantities can be given to provide relief from coughing. These recipes are suitable for children as well.
- Apply some basil juice on the forehead and chest of the patient to bring down the fever.
- The mixture of ginger and tulsi along with honey can combat respiratory problems like asthma and bronchitis.
- Boil some leaves of tulsi/ basil in water and prepare tea as usual. Drinking this herbal tea during season change will protect you from common cold and cough.
- If you or your child has worms in stomach, then drinking warm tulsi juice can help to get rid of worms. Mix sugar with basil extract and consume it to get relief from constipation and other digestive problems.
- To relieve the child from stomachache, give him a mixture of basil juice and dry ginger powder in small quantity.
Insect bites and sting
- In case of insect bites, crush some tulsi leaves and add some lemon. Apply it on the affected area to cure the problem.
- You may also apply tulsi juice on the sting to reduce the effect and pain of insect bite.
Skin infections and problems
- Apply fresh basil leaves on the irritated skin to reduce itchiness.
- Drinking tulsi juice can provide relief from scabies and eczema.
- Apply paste of tulsi leaves on the face to get acne-free, clean and clear skin.
- Take extract of basil leaf with honey to cure malarial fever. Also, add some black pepper powder in basil leaves juice and provide it to malaria patient for quick relief.
- Chewing few leaves of basil boosts immunity system and is good for general health.
Staying fit is the most important thing to enjoy rainy days. Therefore, stay healthy and happy always!