Magnesium is an essential nutrient for our body. It is responsible for proper functioning of thousands of body processes and is an active participant of more than 300 biochemical reactions in body. Presence of magnesium at optimum levels is crucial for the good health of the body. Any deficiency or even excess of this mineral in body can create major health issue.
Here are important benefits of magnesium for our body:
- Regulates heart beat
- Builds and strengthens muscles
- Facilitates flexibility in muscles
- Builds strong bones and helps better absorption of calcium in body
- Maintains and relaxes the nervous system and also controls moods
- Balances stress hormones
- Encourages proper bowel movement
- Serves as electrolyte and keeps the body hydrated.
- Ensures healthy teeth
- Facilitates sugar metabolism
- Provides relief from pain
With so many magnificent benefits attached to this mineral, magnesium is indeed an important nutrient that must be consumed in right quantity. Its deficiency can lead to health problems like diabetes, insomnia, stiffness in muscles, muscle cramps, weak bones and teeth, constipation, anxiety disorders, high blood pressure, migraine, osteoporosis, heart disease, etc.
Check out the blog for information on essential sources of magnesium and stay healthy!