Fruits provide ample of essential nutrients to the body. Apples, pineapples, grapes, oranges, bananas and papaya are some of the favorite fruits during autumn and winter. However, there is one fruit that is commonly underestimated. Most of us are not aware of the immense benefits of this fruit called guava. Let us have a look at the facts and benefits of guava and why is it necessary to include guavas in our daily diet.
Facts of Guava
- It is a tropical fruit that is easily available.
- The fruit has shades of green on its rind while the color inside varies from pink, yellow, white to red.
- Guava is rich in vitamins and minerals yet economical to buy.
- It has a unique combination of vitamin C and calcium.
- The exterior rind of guava contains more Vitamin C than the pulp.
- Guava also contains iron, folate, potassium, vitamins A and B, antioxidant poly-phenolic and flavonoid compounds.
- A guava contains more potassium content than banana.
- The fruit also contains soluble dietary fiber in abundance.
- Guava fruit is low in fats and calories.
Benefits of Guavas
Guavas contain four times more Vitamin C than oranges. They can solely fulfill the daily recommended intake of Vitamin C. Because of presence of this essential nutrient, guavas can help to boost the resistance power of the body.
As guavas have high fiber content, they are beneficial to cure constipation.
Guava also regulates blood pressure, reduces cholesterol levels and promotes brain function.
They lower the risk of heart attack, type2 diabetes and cancer.
Guavas are good for skin and prevent diseases like scurvy because of presence of Vitamin C and E.
Eating guavas also prevents and treats problems such as congestion of lungs, asthma, eye problems and fertility problems.
It prevents skin damage and aging of skin because of anti aging properties.
Who can gain?
Guava is a great fruit for children as it provides all the essential vitamins and minerals for proper growth. Besides, it has immune boosters and antioxidants to protect the body from infectious agents.
Those who wish to reduce weight must take this fruit as it has no cholesterol and plenty of fiber as well as essential nutrients. It maintains the body mechanism and fills the stomach.
For treatment of indigestion, diarrhea and constipation, guava is the answer. Drinking decoction of guava leaves gives relief from diarrhea whereas regular eating of guavas is good for digestion.
As guavas controls blood circulation and cholesterol, heart patients must consume it often.
Consumption of guavas by diabetes patients helps to slow down absorption of sugar in blood.
In general, guavas are beneficial for one and all because of its health benefits to mind and body.
Now you have discovered the benefits of guava, include the same in the daily diet of your family and stay fit!