Malaria can easily affect everyone, including young infants too. It generally happens with kids who are living in or travelling to malaria prone areas. The kids staying in such areas are advised to take anti-malarial drugs such as chloroquine or mefloquine. The dosage of this drug depends upon the age and weight of the kid.
There are a number of home remedies as well to cure malaria in kids at home. Some of them are:
- Basil Leaves - It is a good remedy to cure malaria. You need to take out
extract of 12-15 leaves of basil and add a tablespoon of black pepper in
it then give it to kids. The kids who are in their initial stage of
malaria get great relief from this remedy. You may also add honey to the
basil extract and consume to reduce effects of malaria.
Basil: Herbal remedy for malaria
- Grapefruit - Grapefruit in raw condition or in the form of liquid juice is very helpful in controlling the intensity of infection. It is very useful and effective herbal remedy for curing malaria.
- Lemon Juice - Extract some fresh lemon juice from half-cut lemon, and add it to one-cup lukewarm water. Consuming this water by low sipping will help in controlling the rise in temperature in the first stage of fever.
- Alum - Alum acts as a great recovery agent in curing malaria. It needs to dry roasted and powdered. A teaspoon of this alum powder needs to be consumed four hours before expected fever attack and half a teaspoon after two hours of the malaria attack.
- Cinnamon - Cinnamon is a valuable remedy in healing malaria. One tablespoon of powdered cinnamon needs to be boiled with water. After that, you need to add a pinch of pepper powder and a tablespoon of honey to the water and drink it.
Chances of getting malaria are quite high in monsoon season. It is advisable to take preventive measures for malaria beforehand to keep the disease at bay. In case this disease strikes you, hope these remedies will be helpful to fight malaria and to keep your family healthy.