If you want to expand the horizon of your teenager child and desire to help him lead a happy life then check the probable signs of low confidence in your teenager boy or girl. Only if you are able to identify these warning signals, you can give the right direction to your child and make him more confident for anything and everything that comes his way.
Here are warning signals that your child has low confidence:
- He avoids meeting/ communicating with his friends and class fellows; tries to stay aloof.
- He avoids participating in challenges and competitions due to fear of failure.
- He gives in to the demands of his peer group and is not able to say "no".
- He looks for approval for his decisions and actions everytime because he is not confident.
- He does not finish a task as soon as he feels difficulty and quits without trying enough.
- He does not take initiative and tries to hide himself when situation arises to take responsibility.
- He/ she blames people or situations for his own incompetency.
- He has mood swings ranging from irritable behaviour, anxiety, hopelessness, aloofness and sadness.
- He is self-critical and uses negative words for himself such as loser, fool, etc
- He either rebels without a reason or is overly helpful to seek approval.
- He tries to seek attention of people around him through unreasonable actions.
- He tries to control people around him.
- He gets into drinking, drugs, tobacco,etc.
The teenager may have some of the above symptoms which clearly indicate low self-esteem in him. Once it is established, parents can look for possible reasons and ways to deal with the low self-esteem in their child.